Monday, October 3, 2011

Challenge Day 16/30...Mainstream Music

"When words fail, music says it all." I saw this on a canvas in a 'catch-all' store the other day. To me, music can be a comfort, an instigator, an inspiration, or a deterrent. It can be many things, depending on what your soul needs that day. Mainstream music is not always my favorite. I am not one to listen to or even know what is on the radio most of the time. On occasion, I will get bored with my CDs, and may listen to the radio for a day or two while driving from this place to that, but for the most part, I am pretty set in my musical ways. At the present time, I do like Kesha, Lady Gaga, and Adam Levine (Maroon 5). I can handle a little bit of Bruno Mars, but only here and there. Everything he does sounds the same. My musical tastes run more along the lines of Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Evanescence, Three Doors Down, Fuel, Default, One Less Reason, Nickelback, Pink, Rhianna, Eminem, Saving Abel, Pop Evil, Lifehouse, the Fray, the Script, Avenged Sevenfold, Daughtry, Cavo, and this list could go on and on...but I only really like the original work put out by all of these bands/artists...not the edited versions. It irritates me no end to be listening to a song and it be bleeped throughout. That is probably why I do not particularly care for radio music!


It is so frustrating to me when artists change their original 'personality' to be more mainstream. Amy Lee with Evanescence has seemed to do that with her new release "What You Want."  She's definitely not the only one either. I heard an interview with Jason Derulo a day or so ago, where he was talking about having to change lyrics in order for his work to be sold in Wal-Mart and Target. Argh. Seriously...say what you have to say...and don't let others (and/or money) change your originality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!