Sunday, June 5, 2011

In The Good Ol' Summertime

Anyone that doesn't love summer is certifiably crazy. There. I said it. Yesterday was the first day that felt like summertime here, and it was fan.tab.u.lous! The sucky part is that I still have two weeks of work left before I have summer break. Boo. The kids are done and in full blown summer mode...and I still have to get up and go for regular school length days. This first week is "kinder-camp." I will explain more in another post. The second week is in-service for next year. We have been asked to get all 60 hours completed before school begins in August. Again, boo. I am excited about some of the days that week, though. We will be having representatives from Franklin-Covey at our school, presenting "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and "The Leader In Me." Some of the staff members have already been studying this program throughout the last year...and it has got some really good stuff in it!

So anyway...back to yesterday! Lefty learned to mow (the summer job she begged for)...


Then to cool everyone off, Chris set up the slip-n-slide...


Which they all played on...




And quickly decided it wasn't long enough, so it went redneck style...
 
slip-n-slide + tarp + lots of dish soap = lots of slippery fun!

Then had popsicles before coming inside to clean up...


After popsicles, everyone came in and NAPPED!!! Then it was time for fried chicken, mac-n-cheese, green bean casserole, and Hawaiian sweet rolls for dinner...after which Chris and the 3 littles went for sno-cones and DISH SOAP (because all we had got dumped on the slip-n-slide). They brought back Gnomeo and Juliet to cap off a perfect day with a family movie night. I wish I had taken pics of that, because everyone camped out in front of the t.v. with bean bags and blankets. I hope the rest of the summer goes exactly like the first day did!


2 comments:

  1. That slip and slide looks like so much fun! When I was in first and second grade, we lived in a house that had a huge hill in the backyard, perfect for sledding in the winter and slip and slides in the summer. We always placed a baby pool at the bottom for a crashpad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the summers too, Jeri! Only two days left of work for me. Things will be a bit different this year for me, though. With the oldest going into high school, I am looking at carting her back and forth to volleyball practice most of the summer. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!