Thursday, March 7, 2013

Murder in the Food Court

For real, though.

It happened.

Thursday night, Boo and I were catching glimpses of the 10 o'clock news, when we heard. There had been a shooting at a mall that we go to on occasion. Anxiety prone, nervous stomached, slightly OCD, 14 year-old Boo decided she could not shop there anymore. Her exact words, spoken very flippantly..."Welp, not goin' there again!"

In the next breath, the news commentator said that the shooting had happened in the food court, leaving one person dead and the other in critical condition. While this is not a funny situation at all, the reaction that unwittingly came from my child was hilarious. Her 'true' reactions usually are. Her shoulders sagged and her forehead fell to the arm of my chair and I heard a barely audible, "Shiiit...not just in the mall, but the food court! My favorite part of the mall, what am I supposed to do there now?!?!?!" I couldn't help it. I busted up. I am pretty sure that I should have reprimanded her for her use of a four-letter word in my presence, but o.m.g. it was so freakin' funny the way it came out.
Her momma's daughter...'fraidy Boo!
On the bright side of her anxiety-induced boycott of the mall and its delish food court, guess that is one less daughter I have to worry about sneaking my credit cards!!!
bloglogo1_edit_zps6e8e0386 photo bloglogo1_edit_zps6e8e0386.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, how crazy! Your daughter's reaction is pretty funny though :).
    Stopping by from Share Something Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!