Sunday, January 20, 2013

Floral Frenzy

One of my favorite creative outlets is to build floral arrangements. I love to mix and match colors and textures, and I wish I could do it all the time! It's funny that my florals typically turn out as well as they do, because I have zero ability to work with color and texture in clothing. Total fail area for me. To each her own, I suppose. Some of my arrangements challenge me; others come together quickly.

Challenging...

  • This little guy, built in a container shaped like a drum. I am still not sure I like it. What do you think?

Not so much a challenge...

  • I knew I had to do something with this adorable owl vase Lefty brought me from a trip to Colorado last summer with her dad. Does she know her Mama or what?
  •  I happened upon a terrific sale at Hobby Lobby one day in the floral department...80% off! WHAT?!?! This is the result of that little retail therapy session.




And here are my most recent creations. We have been updating the color scheme in our living room since we took down this year's Christmas décor. I redid the arrangement from the above-mentioned post, because it needed a container that was a little more sturdy than the original. I like the new one oh-so-much better!

Our fun new color 'pop' is called saffron, and I adore it! I have always been a huge fan of yellow in all shades, but was never able to pull it off in a room. This time, SCORE!!!
Photo

And finally, I had come across some smoky lavender vases that had been packed away for a rainy day. It was a rainy day, and I was bored out of my gourd. This beauty is what happened.


Linking up today with Karen for Sew Darn Crafty at Sew Many Ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!