Monday, August 27, 2012

Beachy Anniversary

Anywhere beachy is where I want to be. I love the smells, the sounds, the views. Everything about the beach and the ocean entrances me. Refreshes and rejuvenates me. Last year, our beaching was not so relaxing, as we had the kids with us and were only there for a couple of day trips. The beaches that we visited then were just not...our beach. This is our beach...




This year, we drove the twelve hours to get there. I loved every minute. For our anniversary, my Knight and I had six and a half days all to ourselves. Glorious!!! We tend to like to just look around and check things out. I love stopping at road-side stands and random shops or scenic places. We both enjoy looking at properties and real estate. I would be ecstatic to have a beach house of our own! Wouldn't you?!?! So, anyway, on the way there AND on the way back, we stopped at this little stand...


Specifically to buy some of these guys...

 They are called 'scuppernongs,' and I adore them! The are like a white muscadine, and so yummo! We also picked up some delish fresh peaches both stops (of which I made a peach crisp just this past weekend).

On this particular trip, we ate at the most phenomenal restaurant EVER! It is a little Italian hole-in-the-wall, and we will definitely be going back.



We also did a little deep-sea fishing (we brought some of that home too!)...





The ripple in the center of the picture above was actually a dolphin that kept following the boat...I just wasn't quick enough to catch her jumping and playing!
 












And of course, I spent a bit of time doing this...


On our way home, we stopped for the night in Vicksburg, Mississippi for some fun and a new experience (we'd never done this together)...


These were some of the views we had there...




Other crazy things on the way home...


Spooky school!!!
Corn field on fire. We could see the flames as we got closer.

Dust devils in the burnt up farmlands.
I so was not ready to come home. Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!