Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Challenge Day 25/30...Fascination or Obsession???

Not too many people interest me enough for me to give them more than a fleeting thought on occasion, much less to be fascinated with them. That sounds harsh, but there are so many things to do, see, be in life; and not nearly enough time to get it all in while being consumed with thoughts of another person, especially one that probably does not give you a second thought either!

However, there is someone that I do give a good bit of thought to...my favorite singer in the world, Cris Brown. No not the woman beater Chris Brown...one of a different variety. This guy...


Now, I know for a fact that my Cris Brown does not think of me at all. I have been around him a total of maybe three or four times, for just a few minutes each time. He, however, is with me much of the time. In my car especially. There are times when there are three One Less Reason CDs in my 6 disc player. I love them. I especially love him. He writes. The most beautiful words. I love words. Especially ones like these...

All I've got are screams inside, but somehow they come out in a smile...

While you were adding me up, I never amounted to much, I'm just the person that needed you most...

Live it like you're alive, love it as if you were dying...

And every new beginning, comes from some other's end...

You had your mother's broken heart, your father's laughing eyes...

Was that just goodbye? You know I couldn't tell...a heart that's made of gold, doesn't mean that it's for sale...You taught me how to love, then set me up to fail...gave me prayers without the words, a cross without the nails...then let me go.

I left you in the sunshine, but missed you most in fall...

Cause life it hit so hard, that I couldn't breathe...
So much guilt that I couldn't cry...waiting for God and the words to save you...I should have got it right...on my first try.

You'd better hold me down, stand me up keep me safe while I'm falling to pieces...tell me how should I bend, when all I know is to break?

This man writes so beautifully, eloquently...and phrases the lyrics to his music so well, with intense emotion. His smile rarely reaches his eyes...when he does smile. I find myself wondering where he has been and what the hell he has seen and been through in his fairly short life. He is one of the very few people that has a talent that never fails to amaze me. I would most definitely love to sit down with him for a while and just talk...listen to him tell his story. His talent is even more impressive live; his intensity and passion can't be contained. If you haven't checked One Less Reason out from my previous posts...please do! They are definitely up and coming, about to bust loose on the airways! Catch a quick glimpse below...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!