Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuna Noodle Casserole!

When I was a kid, my mom used to make something she called tuna casserole. It was yucko. I remember. It was dry, smelly, and really fishy tasting. Kids don't typically enjoy ingesting such things. However, now that I am grown, I rather like tuna. More specifically, I like when Chris grills tuna steaks and pineapple. That is not the topic for today though, since we can't grill tuna steaks every day. I decided to attempt homemade tuna casserole. It smelled very fish-ish, but it tasted wonderful. We both really liked it, but it isn't something we will fix for the kiddos. :-)


How to:

Boil desired amount of extra wide egg noodles.
As noodles cook, combine 2 cans of tuna (drained), one can cream of mushroom soup, one can Veg-All (drained), and one can sweet green peas (drained) into casserole dish. Combine 2 Tbsp Mayo, 2 Tbsp milk, and 1/4 cup of sour cream. Stir into tuna mixture. Stir in cubes of Velveeta cheese (as desired). Add cooked noodles to mixture and stir until well combined. Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes. Velveeta should be melted. Crumble Ritz crackers (1/2 sleeve) on top of casserole and drizzle 1 stick of melted butter over the top. Bake again @ 350 for 10 minutes, or til bubbly around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!