Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Today was a lovely day with my lovely man! We spent it doing odd things around the house, including planning a 'diet menu' for the week's meals (blah) and doing the shopping for 'diet groceries.' The plan is to take in approximately 600 calories through the day (before dinner), and then have a low-cal meal for dinner. We also both exercised for a bit tonight while we watched 'Stomp the Yard: Homecoming.' I put in 31 minutes on the treadmill, did 50 crunches, and a short arm workout with 3 lb weights. He did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 6 minutes of arm workout with 10 - 15 lb weights.

I am a kindergarten teacher and have to tear pages from the workbooks that I use so that the students don't obliterate the entire thing the first week, and just finished tearing one set tonight. I have been doing a chapter every other week, which works out that they are ready as needed, but I am tired of looking at the box sitting in the dining room. I will have to work on more through the week to get them done.

There was good news on the financial front today, as I think I have a renter for my house. It has been sitting empty since Chris and I got married in August, and that has been really weighing on my mind. Hopefully this renter will work out, as it is an old friend from high school and I think she will take good care of the house while she is there. Unfortunately, it means that Chris and I will be scurrying around to get it ready for a renter over the next few weeks.

Good Reads:  Last night I finished a book called 'Hush, Hush' by Becca Fitzpatrick, only to discover that there is a sequel. I picked it up at the bookstore today and hope that I won't be too creeped out by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!