Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Beginnings


With January comes a new year. A chance to do things differently; a sense of renewal; a burst of determination and energy to apply towards many goals. I am hoping that for me it is a new beginning.

As I blogged in my last post, I have not felt right for a long time. I should have recognized what was going on, and I honestly probably did, but was in severe denial about it. I have started taking an anti-depressant again after stopping taking them cold-turkey nine years ago. I thought I was doing okay without them, but now I realize that a lot of my body aches and joint pains were a symptom of the depression that was creeping back into my psyche. It has been three weeks since I began the medication, and already I am feeling better. Granted, I still have bad days, but nowhere near what they were. My body feels better than it has in years, particularly my back, which was badly injured in a car accident a few years ago. I am finding it easier to smile without having to force it. I don't feel like I am watching my life through a fog anymore. So far, January has brought me the beginning of a life without constant pain.

Feeling better has given me a lot more energy. I don't want to just sit anymore. I want to be up and doing something...to be busy. On the same day that I began my medicine, I met with a trainer at the local fitness center. I have gone about 3 - 4 times each week since then, doing a combination of weight training and cardio. I have lost four pounds and two inches from my belly. It's not much, but it's a start...a new beginning.

Over the Christmas holiday, I found that I have a knack for making wreaths. I already knew that I enjoyed creating floral decor and centerpieces, so the wreath-making shouldn't have surprised me. What did surprise me was the hubby's suggestion that I try to sell them. So...another beginning. 'J's Jingle Jangles' was born. Look it up on Facebook! I don't know where it will go...if anywhere...but I am anxious to see what happens with it. It is a 'slow season' for things like wreaths, so I may not have much luck until the fall. Until then, I will have fun creating!

What new beginnings has January brought to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!