Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another Day, Another Dinner

It's times like Tasty Tuesday when I wish I was more of a baker than a simple cook. I tend to like 'real food' more than dessert food though, so that's what I cook the most of. It is rare that I will prepare a sweet treat. One of these days I will though, just to surprise you all!

I have been wanting to try a recipe for Hawaiian Chicken that I found in my crock pot cookbook for a while now...the book has been open on my counter to that particular page for about 3 weeks now! Yesterday I actually planned ahead and made it happen, and man was it worth it!


Hawaiian Chicken
3lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can pineapple slices, drained
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 Tbsp corn starch
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
ginger to taste
pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients in crock pot, on top of uncooked chicken. Cook on low 6 - 8 hours. Top with cashews or Oriental crispy noodles, served over a bed of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!