Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Weigh In #4

Right about now is typically when I get discouraged and quit. I could definitely see myself doing that this time too...but I know that my lack of progress is my own damn fault. The scale read at 161.2 again this morning. Disappointing to say the least, especially since on Saturday morning I weighed in at 159.1. I was sick all weekend and took in less than 1800 calories over 2 days, but I did not exercise at all. In fact, from 11:00 Saturday night till 5:30 this morning, I was only awake a total of 6 hours. My exercise total for the week was 4 days, which is also discouraging. I put in that extra day, and still did not lose. Even so, I did work-out today and was very careful with my food/liquids, including drinking 4 bottles of water!

Goals for weigh in #5 (week 4):
  • 5 workouts
  • 3 bottles of water per day
  • 2 lbs weight loss

On a more positive and very exciting note, I got a Kindle Saturday! I have yet to take it out of the box though, because when I do, it's all I'm going to want to do for a while...and I still have a real book to read! My plan is to wait until my book is almost finished, and then open it up to charge and possibly start downloading a book or two...any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. It can be so frustrating to hit a plateau. It could be that because of your illness and lack of food, your body went into starvation mode and held on to those pesky calories. Stick with it!

    As for books to download, I recommend Room by Emma Donoghue. Whatever you choose, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!