Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bet You're Tired of This Topic...

yep: weight loss. I am rather tired of it myself. I don't know if I have just been setting unrealistic goals for myself, or am a complete dud at motivating myself to get the job done...but whatever the reason is, I suck at meeting weight loss goals. In fact, I just plain suck at weight loss in general. I have promised myself so many times and tried so many things, that I really wonder if anything will really work...and work permanently. Just like everyone else, I hate being overweight. I hate going shopping for myself and trying on cute things only to find that they won't go over my hips or shoulders. And let me tell you...I am a shopper. It is no fun to hate something you know you love so much! So with all of that negativity being said...I am at it again. This time, I am working towards being able to put my fat lady swimsuit on (without looking like sausage crammed into a casing) when Hubs and I go to Florida next month. I have no illusions of looking good at the beach; I just don't want to be mistaken for a beached whale! In order to accomplish this miracle, I am planning to do these three things.

  1. Hit the gym Every.Day. from today until we leave (August 2).
  2. Log daily on MyFitnessPal. I love this app!!!
  3. The Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge. I started tinkering with this little program right before school ended, but haven't been home enough to really do it right. I should be home basically all of July, so it should be doable. For the next month, at least, these guys will be my best friends.

I am NOT going to post a pic of my start size...been there, done that. I did take a pic, and am hoping to put up a before and after shot the day we leave. I am hoping for 12 pounds. From reports I have seen/read about the Body by Vi program, it is totally possible. I just have to make sure that I am working while I am at the gym. I am kind of bad to just do a moderate pace and slack off when I think I will break a sweat! Sixteen pounds would even be better, but I'm not going to be greedy here! Wish me luck! 


Accountability: Day 1...gym treadmill for 60 minutes and 5 seconds, burned 240 calories, and logged 3.2 miles. No weights today. Weight = 166.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!