Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Spring break began for me on Friday at 3:30, and I have filled every minute since with springish delights. Friday night was ice cream with the fam, and on Saturday the garden preparing began. Hubs and I decided that we would like to try gardening this year; hopefully we haven't bitten off more than we can chew! Literally. He brought home the tractor from work, and everyone took a turn driving it as we filled and leveled the garden plot.


 

After the garden dirt was situated, we decided to work on some flower beds that had been started and either not yet finished or were just needing updated. We all loaded up and went to Lowe's to check out the plants in bloom. I love the way that Chris had already landscaped the house, with one exception...he had no flowers and very little splashes of color. Being the indulgent husband that he is, colorful blooms was what we went in search of. We found petunias, pansies, saxifraga, and phlox in lots of purples (my favorite color), yellows, whites and pinks. The results of two days labor (we did not finish until this afternoon)???

Before
After
Before
After (this one isn't quite complete yet, but filling up!)



 Twin beds under the windows in front of the house; they frame the porch in.

 Winnie did not know what to think of all of the dirt and commotion, so she just smiled for the camera.

1 comment:

  1. I love your flower beds! I can't wait to start planting my own. gawd I love spring! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!