Monday, February 14, 2011

Love With You

Dear Love of My Life,

Cliche? Yes. Truth? Yes. There are so many things I want to say to you every day but can never quite find the words, so too often they are left unsaid. "I love you" is the simplest thing in the world to say, and yet the most complex...for me, it's difficult to say, even now. I hope that you see how much I love you in the little things: my scatter-brained attempts to make you smile just a little...the way I've made you gain like 35 pounds because I know you enjoy my cooking, so I do it to watch you enjoy that gift...the way I always want to be with you, just because I love to be where you are...when I brag on all the amazing things you do to everyone I know...I could go on and on...but I will save some for the next love letter I write!

When we met, I was so leary of being with anyone new. You put me at ease so quickly, and the entire time we have been together has been just that...easy. It is because of you that our relationship is so comfortable. There has never been any worry that you might hurt me...because I know that you really love me. You put up with me when I am difficult (a lot)...you listen and don't lose your temper...so far, you've kept sane in spite of my insanity...what can't you do? As our few years together have passed, you have made me a better person. Because of you, I am learning to be patient. Watching you and how you interact with others is teaching me to wait, rather than react; to bite my tongue, when I want to scream and throw things; to accept what I have, and know that more will come when it is time. Being with you makes me want to be a better me.

We tease about getting old, but in all reality, I can't wait to grow old with you. Our life together has been perfection, and I can't even begin to imagine where it will go from perfect? Is it possible to get even better? I think so...and I am content to live our lives through the coming years together to find where we go, what we do, and thrive on how much fun we have getting there...together. You are the love of my life, and I never really knew what being loved and loving meant or felt like until you.


Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!