Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend Aftermath

So, after a weekend with a houseful of kiddos, Chris and I are at a bit of an crossroads. What do you do about children who are not bad, by any means...but who will not pick up after themselves? Our four need constant following or reminders or flat out threats to pick up their messes! We both are exhausted from the constant picking up and haranguing at them. Now, the kiddos are ages 7, 9, 11, and 13; completely capable of putting away their own laundry, placing dishes in the dishwasher, and putting toys/shoes/jackets away when they are not in use. However, no such thing ever happens, and then when it is time for them to go back to their 'other homes,' they must spend 2 hours cleaning up before we can leave, OR Chris and I end up having to do it. I tend to refuse. I believe that kids need to learn responsibility for their things/actions and that unless those habits are developed in childhood, they will be lazy/sloppy adults. We have both talked till we are blue in the face over it...it seems that the next 'kid weekend' will begin with the parents 'laying down the law.' I wish I had taken pictures of the chaos that was my house during multiple occasions this weekend so that you could get the gist of what I am saying!

Something that will be coming soon  are pictures of my low-calorie creations! We have been pleased with the results of my low-cal dinners, which have included chicken cacciatore and homemade french dip sandwiches. Hopefully now that E is finished with football season, we can get consistent with an exercise program. My weight at the doctor's office two weeks ago was 161 lbs. Because I tend to obsess over the numbers, I am not going to step on a scale until my next doctor visit (which is schedule for the week before Christmas). I would like to see a 10 lb loss by then (more would be great, but 10 is acceptable). It is my goal to give updates on my program progress 3 times a week or more.

Good Reads:  I finished the sequel to Hush, Hush last week; definitely a series that I would recommend. However, it is listed as a 'teen novel,' which I am not so sure of...it was a bit...religiously scary, for lack of a better description. I had also read a book entitled Gone, which was pretty good (another 'teen novel'), and it had a sequel as well called Hunger. I was able to finish it today. Excellent, and I can't wait to read the third in that series, Lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!