Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holiday Cheer is Here!!!

After several days, we finally got our house decked out for the holidays. I am still hoping that Chris will put outside lights on the house, but I won't hold my breath. He doesn't like to do house lights, but I am still enough of a little girl at heart that I get giddy at the sight of Christmas lights on a house...so a little girl can wish, right?

We have a total of 8 trees up in the house. There are 3 'big' trees in the main areas of the house, and 5 'mini' theme trees that are in the kids' bedrooms. I didn't take pictures of the 'mini' trees (I say 'mini', but they are 4 ft tall), but we have a fishing gear tree, a rainbow tree (random colors), a ballet tree, a baseball tree, and a musical tree. Our kids obviously have a wide variety of interests!

The decor throughout the house is perfect! It took awhile because we were sorting through and cleaning out 'yours, mine and ours.' The final product couldn't be better...a perfect blend of us!

My 'purplicious' tree! I have done it differently for the last 3 years, and it is impossible to pick a favorite look!



Chris' Razorback tree: it even has ball caps on it! Woo Pig Sooiiee!!

The kiddo tree! It is traditional with homemade and child-chosen ornaments/decor. Notice the quirky tree topper? Too cute!


Our beautiful entryway with a manger scene. The figurines are from when I was a little girl and my mom sold Home Interiors to use her 'free points' to decorate our house for Christmas. They are dated 1980 and a bit worse for the wear, but they look perfect to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!