Saturday, October 22, 2011

This Bear Needs a Cave!




fortheloveofblogs
Or just a hole to crawl into. I know it's the Weekend Wander, and there will be blog traffic...so my post should be peppy and upbeat. but. i. don't. feel. like. it. I feel like burrowing head first into a hole and not coming out. It has been a shitty couple of weeks, and sometimes, shit really does stink.
Two weeks ago today, I felt the beginnings of a sinus headache. Immediately, I trotted right down to the pharmacy and grabbed some Sudafed...the good kind that requires a license to purchase. It worked for a day. So a week goes by and I get more and more miserable. Work sucks...wild kids and the like...things just not going right...On Friday, I went to the doctor. She said, severely impacted sinus infection. Great. Like I didn't know that already. Then, meds didn't work. And the doc didn't bother to return my TWO calls when I was throwing up from the drainage and so dizzy I couldn't sit upright three days AFTER meds were finished. Thank God I have a good pharmacist. She recommended ZyrtecD...the good kind. Antihistamine + decongestant. Dried that snot right up! 

So yesterday I felt human again. And then I fell. Someone's lovely child (a multitude of them actually) squirted a puddle of GermX on the stained concrete floors at school. GermX is clear. Invisible on stained concrete. Down I went. Bashed both kneecaps and wrenched my back (the back that had previously been broken, and is iffy on a good day). Perfect. Battered and bruised, just the way I prefer to be. Today, I am in pain. Not to mention emotionally worn down and just flat exhausted. 

I might be back tomorrow. 

Or I might have found a damn cave.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. Sure hope you get to feeling better pretty soon. falls can be so nasty. Hang in there it has to get better, but the cave sounds like a good idea until then!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my stuff and nonsense. I love to hear from you, so please don't go without leaving something for me to read!